Ouch!

I have just found out the hard way what happens when you accidentally touch the exposed wires sticking out of a broken fairy lamp while decorating the Christmas tree. They were 240V lights too! Perhaps I should not have had the lights on while doing it, or perhaps it was better that I did – had the little one found it later it could have been far worse.

Obviously being the geek that I am, the (unbroken) lights that are now on the tree are remote controlled using a spare LightwaveRF appliance module.

About the Author

chrisChris works as an IT Security Specialist for a large FTSE 100 company. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.View all posts by chris →

Leave a Reply